To take part in video conferences, we recommend either Google Chrome if you are using a computer or, alternatively, the SDUI Meet app if you are using a mobile device.
At the beginning of the conference your browser will ask you if you want to allow sound and camera. Please select "Allow" here in both cases if you would like to take part in the conference with sound and images.
1. Your participants do not see you:
- Check whether you have set the camera "on" in the video conference. A crossed-out camera symbol means you have switched this function off. Click in the footer to start the camera transmission.
2. You do not see your participants:
- Make sure your attendees have started their camera broadcast. This information can be found in the participant's preview image. (see image)
- A crossed out "camera" means the participant has not started the transmission.
- If your camera cannot be switched on, you should check your computer's settings to see whether access to your camera is permitted for the browser and thus also for Sdui Meet (on the domain call.sdui.de). The same goes for the microphone and screen sharing .
- In addition, you can make these settings directly for the website in the browser by clicking on the lock in the URL line. The settings below "Camera", "Microphone" and "Screen sharing" are relevant. If these settings are set to "Ask", you will be asked for access every time the page is opened. You can set it here directly to Allow so that you do not have to approve the access authorization every time.